nanoSystem STONE WH+ is a water based silane solution designed for waterproofing (hydrophobic impregnation) and protection of absorbent masonry and concrete surfaces. It penetrates deep into the pores of the substrate to create a durable hydrophobic barrier with breathable properties that will protect against water ingress, frost damage, chloride ion attack and salt efflorescence.
nanoSystem STONE WH+ impregnates into masonry and mortar joints, providing excellent protection against water, dirt, salt, acid rain and extreme weather conditions, preventing leaks occurring with wind driven rain.
The deep penetration properties of the impregnation enable it to seal minute cracks, prevent water ingress beyond the surface and stop salt-efflorescence problems caused by capillary moisture reaching the surface. A treated substrate will remain fully breathable and have excellent resistance to freeze-thaw damage. Under wet conditions its thermal resistance is maximised, improving the energy efficiency of a building.
- Concrete structures, water installations
- Leaking mortar joints or render
- Basements and damp walls
- Brick building prone to salt efflorescence
- Waterproofing and damp-proofing
- Creates a breathable layer deep into the substrate that prevents water ingress
- Reduction in water absorption after curing by > 80%
- Deep penetration > 25mm in porous concrete
- Long life span up to 12 years WH and 25+ years WH+
- Fully vapour permeable and breathable to avoid condensation build up
- Resistant to salt water, salt air and acid rain
- Improves thermal resistance of material
- Energy cost savings as less heat is lost as cold rain water cannot dampen stone or joints
- Strengthens substrate through consolidation
- Frost resistant to freeze-thaw cracking
- Prevent salt efflorescence and chloride ion ingress
- Abrasion resistant impregnation
- Allows for painting or nanoSystem STONE SC stay-clean coating to applied as top coat.
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic, virtually VOC free
Durability: Up to 25 years
Applications: Concrete, cement, mortar, gypsum, stucco and render, mineral plasters, limestone and sandstone.
Efficiency: Depends on surface absorbency, standard consumption for concrete is 200-350 ml/m2 or 3-5 m2/L
Storage: Store at temperatures above +5°C
Preparation: Cracks in concrete should be repaired prior to application. Surfaces should be free of dust, dirt, grease and existing paint coatings. Apply on clean and dry surface in good weather conditions above +5°C. Do not use in rain or high humidity. Best results are obtained on dry, highly absorbent surfaces. Ensure new concrete is dry.
Directions: Application can be by pump sprayer, painting with a roller or a paintbrush. Apply bottom to top paying attention for any undesired run of onto horizontal surfaces. Protect glass and remove immediately with water. During impregnation and for 24 hours following do not allow contact with water. For more detailed instruction please refer to the product Technical Data Sheet
Contact may cause skin or eye irritation. Using with adequate air ventilation, eye protection, and gloves is recommended. Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
Sealer may be damaged if frozen prior to use. Not intended to seal cracks.
The Company does not warranty specific performance results or compatibility with products manufactured by others. The Company shall bear no liability, other than replacement of defective product. A small test must be conducted prior to application. Based upon this test, the purchaser shall determine for themselves the suitability of this product for the intended use.